“How can I lose weight/fat/pounds fast?”
That’s often followed up with questions about the effectiveness of some hot new diet, popular workout program (hi P90X nuts!), costly fat loss supplement, or infomercial exercise gadget. Most people assume that losing weight quickly needs to be complicated, complex, very difficult, risky, and/or expensive.
Because that’s what we’re taught, that’s why!
The worldwide “fast weight loss” industry is worth billions of dollars and corporations do a ton of marketing to convince us that we need complicated plans and high-priced products if we want to get a lean, fit body in a short amount of time.
But here’s the truth: burning fat and losing weight quickly does not have to be complicated. In fact, if you know what you’re doing, the process can be very, very simple. It can even be “easy” if you’re able make a plan and stick to it for just a few weeks.
Here’s a simple, 100% proven formula for safe, healthy weight loss at an accelerated pace:
- Eat a very clean low-carb diet based around simple whole foods — mainly proteins, healthy fats, and plant foods other than grains
- Do some form of real strength training/weight lifting 2-5 days per week (preferably heavier weight and lower volume)
- Do some form of brief, high-intensity “metabolic conditioning” at least once or twice per week (e.g. interval strength training, HIIT cardio, and Kettlebell workouts)
- Follow an intermittent fasting (IF) eating routine most days of the week (e.g. 18 hour fast + 6 hour eating period)
- Be active whenever possible (i.e. walk… quickly… as much as possible!) and, preferably, play a sport you enjoy several times per week (golf doesn’t count)
- Take good support supplements: whey protein, multivitamins, and a quality green food powder
- Get plenty of sleep every night and have at least one full 24-hour “rest day” every week
Real exercise + Healthy, natural, relatively low-carbohydrate diet + Good supplements + Recovery = Fast, healthy, and safe weight loss success
Like I said, it’s really not complicated. It just takes concentrated effort over a period of several weeks. Give it a try this month and you’ll see just how incredibly effective this stuff is!
What do you think? Leave your comments and rants below!